Professional Systems Engineering, LLC (PSE) has served as fire protection engineer and consultant to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey under a 9-year Uniform Fire Code Retrofit program required by the State of New Jersey. PSE provided engineering and design services for more than 100 buildings on campus sites throughout New Jersey for over 10 consecutive years including safety for students and staff 24 hours a day seven days a week.
The designs encompassed protection for over 7,000 students in over 3,500 rooms including over 100 low- and highrise buildings on campuses state-wide. PSE provided bid documentation for each site, including schematics, design development, and construction documentation. Our quality documentation enabled contractors to install each project on a fast-track basis with no change orders.
Designs represent over $10 million in systems in over $400 million of new and existing facilities for New Brunswick, College Avenue, Newark, Camden, Douglas, and Queens College campus locations.
- Smoke detection
- Fire alarm/control
- Audio evacuation
- Elevator recall/monitoring
- Command center architecture and operations
- Fire sprinkler
- Fire pump design
- Building fire water service
- Fireman’s communication
- ADA compliance
- Asbestos abatement coordination
- Construction management
- Fire code retrofit project management
- Emergency generators
- Generator building design and custom finishing
- Shared fire pump and generator services reduced costs
- Earthquake restraint design for piping
- Test commissioning and observation